Kapp Ivory is an internationally recognized R&B producer and musician who was born in Detroit and resides in Las Vegas. He attended the Berklee School of Music.
Kapp began his production career working as a musician, arranger and producer for Megawave Records in Detroit and then later formed his own Family Unit Productions. He is now the A&R Director for SLR Records and also does independent soundtrack production for the Hollywood Film Industry.
Kapp has worked with several notable artists including: Motown writer, Barrett Strong; Calvin Simon, founding member of Parliament/Funkadelic; Kevin Saunderson, legendary Techno/House Deejay from Virgin Records; Ade Mainor, President and Producer for Submerge Records.
He has written more than 100 songs, recorded over 300 songs and produced several albums...
In 1989, in collaboration with singer, Rachel Kapp, he produced the theme song - We Will Beat LA, for the soon-to-be NBA Champion Detroit Pistons.
In 1992, he worked with legendary techno-house deejay, Kevin Saunderson from Virgin Records to release - "Direct Me" which went #1 for six weeks on the UK Billboard Magazine charts. A second single, "Colour of Love", went #3 for four weeks on the UK charts.
- In 1999, he teamed up with Kern Brantley from Crazy Joint (Bad Boy Records).
- In 2001, he worked with The Original Parliament Funkadelic on the track, "Jump Up in the Air" which reached #1 on the charts and remained on the charts for 80 weeks.
- From 2004 to 2006, he worked as A&R Director for Submerge Recordings to produce Techno music with trailblazers like Mike Bank and Ade Mainor.
- In 2006 he moved to Las Vegas and worked as an arranger, producer and performer in studios and clubs throughout the area.
- In 2010, he produced "On the Corner" for the soundtrack of the motion picture, "Corner Store" and later became the music supervisor for Global Pictures, the producers of the film.
As a musician, Kapp toured nationally with the likes of Patti LaBelle, Whitney Houston, Martha Reeves, The Temptations, The O'Jays, Tony Toni Tone, and Bebe and CeCe Winans. He is currently producing for and touring with the "Original Stone City Band" made famous by Rick James. He serves in multiple roles as a musician, writer, arranger, and producer.
Global Entertainment Studios Standard Services
Our composers are specialized in custom made original music in various styles and genres depending upon the needs of the client’s production.
- Scoring and Editing
Music Replacement Services
Often our clients have productions that are created with music that cannot be cleared for additional distribution such as video, Internet, or international use. We can replace music for the entire productions. We can choose all new music, and perfectly match the timing, tempo, style, and mood of the piece. This allows for additional use of the production, without the great costs and trouble of clearing non-library music.
Music Supervision Services
- Music Production
- CD Production
- Recording and Overdubbing
- Composing and Arrangers and Audio Mastering
- Audio Commercials and Voiceover's
It gives us great pleasure to produce custom musical images (jingles), theme songs for radio and television shows, underscore music, commercial music, and demos/songs for recording and performing artists.
For More Information Contact Kapp Ivory Today! 702.503.3237